Kohl's American Cup June 13-14, 2015
2015 Kohls American Cup June 13-14 — Thanks and Congratulations! See you next year!
Here are our 2015 champions:
- U11 Girls North Polk Utd 2 Nevada Purple Strikers 1
- U12 Girls Iowa Rush Roadrunners 1 Vision Soccer Academy 0
- U14 Girls Pleasant Hill Crushers 2 Ballard 2 (Pleasant Hill won on penalty kicks)
- U11 Co-Ed DCG Mustangs 1 FC Nevada 1 (DCG won on penalty kicks)
- U12 Co-Ed Northwest Kings 2 Bondurant Bluejays 1
- U14 Co-Ed Nevada Cubs 9 CBYSA Red Bulls 0
2015 Tournament schedule available here.
Volunteers are needed to assist with registration, parking, etc. We can work with your child's/team's schedule. Click here to volunteer.
Come back to Ames for a great season-climax tournament! Details will go up shortly, but here are a few pointers:
- Entries Open: March 6, 2015
- Entries Close: May 21
- Online Registration for Teams
- Free Play Festival (U15-U18 players)
- U13-U14 Coed will play 11 vs 11 and U13-U14 girls will play 6 v 6.
- U15-U19 will participate as individuals
- U11-U14 will have a pool-and-championship format
- U9-U10 Academy players are not eligible
The Kohl's US Youth Soccer American Cup offers recreational soccer players an opportunity to play in a high-quality tournament in a fun atmosphere, where the emphasis is placed on participation, rather than competition.
Iowa Soccer's US Youth Soccer Kohl's American Cup for U07-U14 teams, held in Ames is a guaranteed three-game, round-robin format. Scores and standings are not kept in the U10-below divisions, and all participants receive a participation award. In U11-above divisions, semifinal and final matches are held, with members of the first- and second-place teams each receiving awards.
This year, we implement two changes: (1) The U13-U14 girls will play in a 6 v 6 format. (2) U15-U19 players will participate as a free play format
We are using Tourney Machine!
Click here to go to the tourney machine site, where you can get notifications for the games in your group, a great little web app, look at the brackets, etc. It's great if you've got a mobile phone. Check it out!
ISA Recreational Teams (rosters received by ISA by April 15, 2015)
- Player Cards are required. Cards must be laminated with player's picture. NO CARD = NO PLAY.
- Medical releases required (yours or the ISA release is ok. It does NOT need to be notarized.)
- Team rosters required
- Up to 3 guest players are allowed. Guest players must also be "recreational" (Level 3) players not on IPSL (or similar league) rosters.
All coaches or coordinators must report to the Tournament Director's Site at least 1 hour prior to their first game for the team check-in. You do not need your players to check-in. At Check-in you will need:
- Coach hard-pass on green lanyard
- Health releases
- Player Cards
All player cards must be presented to the field marshal and/or referee prior to the FIRST game. You will not be required to present your medical release consent forms after check-in unless requested by the Director of Referees or the Tournament Director.
Please note that game lengths may not correspond to your experience during normal league play:
- Under 7 and 8: length of play for all games is two twenty minute halves with a five minute halftime break.
- Under 9 and 10: length of play for all games is two twenty five minute halves with a five minute halftime break.
- Under 11 and 12: length of play for all games is two twenty five minute halves with a five minute halftime break.
- Under 13 and 14 coed: length of play for all games is two thirty minute halves with a five minute halftime break.
- U14-14 girls in 6 v 6: 5 field players and a goalkeeper, playing on a field roughly the size of a U10 field, using U12 goals. No offsides will be called.
Up to 3 Level 3 (recreational) players may be used as guest players. All players on the normal roster are expected to be invited to play. It is in this spirit -- INCLUSION -- that we expect coaches to use the Guest Player Allowance. Guest players don't need to be from your club; they do need to be Level 3 registered players; players who are dual rostered as Level 1 or 2 are not eligible, and players must be currently registered with Iowa Soccer.
While we rely heavily on coaches to police themselves and do the right thing, if Tournament Officials are given information about alleged abuse, we will investigate fully and make appropriate determinations about current and future player, team, and coach eligibility, as well as any results from the current KAC.
NEW THIS SPRING!! U15-U19 Players: Free Play Festival, held Saturday night under the lights
Last fall we tried something new for U15-U19 players -- a "Free Play Festival" -- and it was a HUGE hit, so we're going to offer it again. We've designed a fun competition option that may better reflect the amount of time players in these age groups can commit to soccer and to give the high school aged players a one-night soccer event to cap off their spring season.
How it works:
- You enter as an individual player, so no worries about getting enough players for a team in order to be able to enter.
- We will put you on teams of four to play 4v4. Every game you play, you'll be rotated onto a different team of four. You will be playing co-ed with all ages.
- You win the competition as an individual, not a team! We keep track of your points and at the end of the night, we'll name winners.
- The competition will begin no earlier than 7:00pm on Saturday night. You'll play on the lighted field at Hunziker Youth Sports Complex and we'll have the lights on!
- You'll play for about two hours. We will compile individuals' results and name the winners at the end of the evening.
- While we're compiling results, you guys will be chowing down on food we'll provide!
- Open to any currently-registered Iowa Soccer U15-U19 Level 3 (recreational) players
- We're going to keep it tight and limit entry to the first 32 players; entries beyond 32 will be put on a waitlist and contacted when openings occur. If entries absolutely blow up, we may expand our numbers, but initially, it's going to be the first 32 to commit!
2013 Photo Gallery
- Tournament Director, Gary Eyles, email@example.com 515-360-5117
- Jenny Wood (Iowa Soccer Association) firstname.lastname@example.org 515.252.6363 or 800.386.4692
2015 Entry Fees
- U7 and U8: $135
- U9 and U10: $165
- U11 and U12: $190
- U13 and U14 boys: $240
- U13 and U14 girls: 165
- Festival participants: $15