We are live and ready to go!
Last September, we introduced the Light It Up project. As described below, the club projected a $150,000 investment to light up Field 3 for extended practice and match times. We have some exciting news:
- In late October, NAI, Musco, and our contractors got together and got the price down to about $130,000.
- The Club seeded the project with $50,000 from reserves
- We have raised about $65,000 in committed donations from various businesses and families, whom we will recognize below.
- The lights are operational and the players and coaching staff have already been befitting from them this spring.
Thanks to all who donated or bought a ASC Supporter Scarf to help the cause, your contributions are greatly appreciated.
While this phase of capital improvement may be complete, we are still looking to make more enhancements to the complex. Please keep us in mind, and check back for updates on this and future campaigns.
- Ames Soccer Club and Membership Committed nearly $50,000 in club funds accumulated from fund raisers, registration fees, tournaments, and the like.
- Wilson Toyota
- Wilson Family
- Frankl Family
- REG corporation
- NAI Electrical
- The Swanson Family
- The Curtis Bray Memorial Fund
- First National Corporation
- FRK Design
- The Glover/Stolfus Family
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Nelson Electric
- Sports Authority
- In honor of Timothy Jenks (Anonymous)
- The Reason Family
- The Weary Family
Fall 2014 sees the announcement of a capital fundraising campaign to install lights on Field 3 for use to extend practice time and hold night matches and events.
Over the last several years, Ames Soccer Club has grown substantially. With that growth has come the need to expand and improve our infrastructure: to accommodate the greater numbers and to ensure that we offer the highest quality program in our area. We have already completed a number of projects, including the addition of new practice fields and expanding our irrigation system.
Installation of permanent lighting will allow our club to offer improved playing conditions, an increased flexibility of scheduling practices, and the opportunity to host evening matches and other special events. It will demonstrate that we are a leading youth athletic organization in our area.
We could not have reached this point without strong leadership from the Board of Directors and a strong membership. Now, we come to you, our Members, and our Community of local business to help with this important new priority.
We plan to install Musco lighting on Field 3 at a total cost of approximately $150,000. Donations to the project are welcome from families, businesses and organizations, and will be accepted over periods of up to a three-year commitment.
Damien Corrieri, our Assistant Director of Coaching, is leading the fundraising effort and is your primary contact for questions, inquiries, and information. Steve Martens, our president, is also available to meet with interested parties. Click here for the program brochure.
Ames Soccer Club is a 501c3 corporation.