Referees require annual recertification through continuous education. If you have not attended other continuing education opportunities, you can take a recertification clinic.
There will be a referee recertification clinic on Sunday December 8, 2013 at the Stone Brooke Homeowners Association Clubhouse in Ames. The clubhouse is located at the southeast corner of Fletcher and Stonebrooke Rd. in Ames. The clinic will run from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Attendees will earn the required minimum recertification hours for 2014 re-registration. There is no cost for attendance but you will need to pre-register at iowareferees.org prior to the class date. The required referee recertification exam and upgrade exams (if needed) will be given at the clinic.
Your recertification hours can be found on your RefLink page at iowareferees.org. The Iowa Referee Committee provides the following statement about requirements that must be met prior to re-registering:
"All Iowa referees, regardless of grade level, must attend a cumulative minimum of 5 hours of recertification clinic hours per calendar year in order to re-register. The following options are recognized by the Iowa Referee Committee as "approved" methods of receiving "recert. credit". Any combination of these methods is acceptable:
- Attendance at the annual Iowa Referee Academy (Meets full requirement).
- Attendance at an organized Recertification Clinic (Meets full requirement).
- Attendance at the annual Iowa Referee Academy & Advanced Referee Clinic (for grades 7, 6 and 5 referees) (Meets full requirement.)
- Local Association Meetings (1 hour per meeting) - only Local Associations recognized by the IRC shall receive credit hours.
- League Referee Training Seminars taught by a registered USSF Instructor (2 hours maximum per seminar).
- Attendance at the morning part of Day 2 Entry Level Clinic as Recert. The Instructor must have prior notification. (Meets full requirement.)
- Completion of Online Recertification Training Module (4 hrs.) and Exam (1 hr.)"