Fall 2014 Registration: U5-U10
Fall Registration is closed, save for a few isolate age/gender groups
Sign up now through June 15 U7-U10 (U5-U6 deadline is August 1)
On-time Registration ran through June 15. (August 1 for U5-U6 only.) A $10 late fee will apply after the deadline. All registration is online. Click on the "Register Now" button to sign up.
Fees for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 are
- U5/U6: $58 per season (generally pre-K and K)
- U7/U8: $107 per season (generally 1st and 2nd grade)
- U9/U10: $135 per season (generally 3rd and 4th grade)
Because of insurance regulations, all players for Fall must have been at least 4 years old on July 31, 2014.
YOUR CHILD WILL REMAIN IN THE SAME AGE GROUP FOR SPRING 2015 AS S/HE WAS IN FOR FALL 2014, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER A BIRTHDAY HAS PASSED.
Fall seasons start at the beginning of the school year and run through mid/late October. Spring seasons begin roughly April 1 and run through the end of the school year.
Financial Assistance Available
If you need financial assistance to afford to play soccer with the club, please download our financcial assistance form and be in touch with Brian Cassaidy. Financial assistance form Word PDF. Payment Plan only: Word PDF.
Players who sign up on time will be reassigned to their old teams as much as possible. New players will be placed on old teams or put on all-new teams as numbers dictate. Teams are formed as much as possible based on school attendance.
We make every effort to break teams into one-year brackets. Registration numbers may force combination of U5 and U6 age group teams sometimes.
U5-U10 Team Names
The club gives names to each of the U5-U10 teams. The purpose of this is to generate awareness of soccer throughout the world. The names derive from three of the most important leagues in the world:
- English Premier League. The EPL is one of the very best leagues in the world.
- Spain's La Liga. Two of the very best teams in the world (Barcalona and Real Madrid) are in La Liga.
- Major League Soccer (USA). This is the top professional league in the USA, with the closest team in Kansas City.
How do we play at each age group?
One thing can be said for sure: 4 year olds aren't prepared to play 11-on-11 adult soccer on a huge field! ASC follows the recommendations of US Soccer and Iowa Soccer and plays modified gams for younger players. The youngest players play 3 vs 3 on a small field with a few simplifications. We progress to 4 vs 4, and then introduce goalkeepers at the U9 age group, where we get up to 6 players. U11 teams play with full soccer rules (including offsides) with 8 vs 8, and the full game on the full sized field is reserved for the U13 and older age groups. Our practices are also designed to reflect the age-based needs, abiilties, and attention spans of our players.
Fall teams are formed primarily based on what school the player attends. Roster sizes cannot exceed the maxima of 6, 8, and 10, respectively, for U5/6, U7/8, and U9/10. Spring teams are the same as Fall teams to the extent possible for all players that register on time, and new players will be placed with their school team as possible. If you are home schooled, please just list the school your child would otherwise attend so we can place you with neighborhood kids.
All teams in the U5-U10 age groups are "recreational", and we focus more on player development than on "winning" as a team. No game scores or standings of any sort are kept. Sportsmanship by players and parents is of the highest importance.
Two important items to keep in mind:
- If you are a returning player and you register on time, we will make every effort to get you placed back on your same team. If you are registering for Fall, and changing age groups from U6 to U7 or U8 to U9, please be aware that the size of the team changes.
- If you are a returning player and you want to change teams (e.g., because of a personality conflict), you may request a team-change at the time of registration, but we cannot accept specific requests to be on a specific team because these are "recreational" teams.
Every U5-U10 team needs a volunteer parent coach. You will have the option of volunteering for this position or other duties when you register. The club offers extensive support for volunteer parent coaches, including the staff Coaches writing and attending each practice, seasonal coaching clinics, and paying for our coaches to attend various licensing courses they might want to attend to learn more.
- All practices are at HYSC
- Practices will be on Tuesday OR Thursdayfor U5/U6.
- Practices will be on Tuesday and Thursday for U7-U10
- "Skills Coaches" will work with a few teams each, depending on age and roster size.
- In Spring Seasons, all practices start at 6:00 pm.
- In Fall seasons, Practices move from 6:00 start to 5:30 start for the month of October.
Games will be Saturday mornings, mostly at HYSC. We play in a league we adminsister (www.centraliowasoccer.org) with teams from other local communities' clubs.
Visit our Uniform page for details.
See the Policies page for more detailed explanations of how we do things.